Systemic Sclerosis CME (Continuing Medical Education)
Friday September 16, 2016
Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Presenting Faculty: Dr. Murray Baron (Rheum); Dr. Geneviève Gyger (Rheum); Dr. Andrew Hirsch (Resp); Dr. Maggie Larché (Rheum); Dr. Marie Hudson (Rheum), Dr. Mervyn Gornitsky (Dent)
Target Audience: Family Practitioners, ER Physicians, Critical Care Physicians, Internal Medicine, Rheumatologists, Nephrologists, Cardiologists, Respirologists and Trainees.
Allied health professionals – Nurses, RTs, PTs, OTs, Pharm, Students
Programme: All sessions will have 20 min presentation and 10 min Q & A
1. Overview aspects of Scleroderma relevant to Health Care clinicians.
2. Review aspects of Gastrointestinal Involvement for persons living with Scleroderma.
3. Describe clinical features and management of pulmonary hypertension related to scleroderma.
4. Describe common integumentary concerns and wound care of persons living with Scleroderma.
5. Discuss basis science projects to illuminate the onset, progression and treatment options of scleroderma.
6. Outline management of pulmonary fibrosis in relation to scleroderma.
7. Discuss oral manifestations in people living with scleroderma.
8. Discuss the impact and challenges associated with Renal Crisis for scleroderma patients.
Agenda Time Table
08:15 – Continental Breakfast and Opening Remarks by Dr. Murray Baron
08:30 – Systemic sclerosis and GI involvement, Dr. Geneviève Gyger, Rheumatologist, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University
09:00 – Management of pulmonary artery hypertension in relation to scleroderma, Dr. Andrew Hirsch, Pulmonologist, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University
09:30 – Outline management of pulmonary fibrosis in relation to scleroderma, Dr. Murray Baron, Chief, Division of Rheumatology, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University
10:00 – Discuss Progression of skin involvement and treatment options, Dr. Marie Hudson, Rheumatologist, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University
10:30 – Refreshment Break
11:00 – Describe frequently encountered integumentary concerns and wound care of persons living with Scleroderma, Dr. Maggie Larché, Rheumatologist, St. Joseph’s Hospital, McMaster University
11:30 – Discuss oral manifestations in people living with scleroderma, Dr. Mervyn Gornitsky, Research Director of the Department of Dentistry, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University
12:00 – Renal Crisis, Dr. Marie Hudson
12:30 – Closing remarks by Dr. Murray Baron
*CME is a bilingual session
Systemic Sclerosis CME
Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, Mont-Royal Room
900 Rue de la Gauchetière W
Montreal, QC H5A 1E4
Medical Doctors – $60.00
Allied Healthcare Professionals – $30.00
Students and Trainees – $15
Questions? For questions please contact Malak Sidky: email@example.com